Price Range : $11-30 ($$)
Adress: 2211 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
Phone: (808) 921-2468
- list_altTakes ReservationsNo
- credit_cardAccepts Credit CardsYes
- thumb_upGood ForLunch, Dinner, Late Night
- directions_bikeBike ParkingYes
- accessibilityGood for KidsYes
- groupGood for GroupsYes
- insert_emoticonAmbienceDivey, Casual
- volume_upNoise LevelAverage
- turned_in_notGood For Happy HourNo
- transit_enterexitOutdoor SeatingNo
- tvHas TVYes
- turned_in_notDogs AllowedYes
- turned_in_notWaiter ServiceNo
Hole-in-the-wall kiosk-type dealio operating sidewalk-side out of the Ohana Waikiki Malia. This is definitely drunk food, and tastes best late at night. But I also stop by for lunch every once in a while, and it's not half bad sober, either.
My favorites are the plain old pepperoni pizza and the jalapeño poppers. A little pricey for simple pizza ($5+ per slice), but that's Waikiki for you. The workers are generally friendly. They heat up each item in the oven, so the wait can be on the longer side if there's a line.
1. Pizza does NOT hold up when cold. One slice straight out of the oven is heavenly. The one time I bought a whole pie and took it home, it was one big box of disappointment by the time I got there. And this is coming from someone who prefers Pizza Hut the next day straight out of the fridge.
2. The simpler flavors are better and cheaper. Pepperoni: A+. Death by Meat: B-. Not worth the price difference. Green Monster: C-. Meh. Ain't got nothing on Boston's spinach and garlic.
3. Do not recommend buying a whole pie. The slices come out right away in 2-10 minutes max with a line. The last time I ordered a whole pie, there was one entire one of that flavor sitting in the display case, but that was apparently for the next 12 people in line and I was told to come back in 45 minutes for a new pizza made from scratch. Definitely not worth it.
As drunk food to eat on the spot by the slice: Highly Recommend
As sober food to take home for families or large groups: Hard pass
Late night drunk eat - even then it's pretty bad.
Tucked away in a small nook, we walked for 20 mins to get there. The pizza slices are huge and about 5-6$ a piece. If you can find another place to eat, I'd say do it!
Who doesn't want a greasy slice of pizza (it's not terribly greasy...I've had greasier) after a night out with a few drinks drinks?? This tiny walk up window is tucked away behind the bathing suit shop on Kuhio. It's only a few blocks from International Market Place and The Laylow Hotel.
We got two huuge pieces for about $7. Fold it in half and even the crust is yummy. Caveat: If you ask me for a review during daylight hours I cannot assure you it would still be 4-stars. I do appreciate Dominos thin and crispy pizza too.
This place is hard to find if using the iPhone Maps app. It got me in the vicinity, but took a few minutes to find the exact location. This is small walk-up window where you can order wings or pizza. The food is a bit pricey but the pizza is a decent size. They are open late so this is a favorite destination for those seeking a late night snack after a night on the town. I ordered two slices of pizza and they were pretty good. They have packets of peppers and Parmesan cheese to accompany your pizza. They do not have anywhere for you to eat except some curbs right out side the window in front of the hotel. I guess 3.5 stars would be more accurate, but since that is not an option I went with 3.
Quick and fast service. Great that it was open late and decent price. Pizza not so much.
Follow me on IG @lanisgrl